Franklin is a small mountain town surrounded by beautiful streams, waterfalls, mountains, hills and valleys. The people are friendly and organize lots of activities, including festivals and arts and crafts shows. There are plenty of trails for hiking and the views are breathtaking. There is also plenty of fishing, hunting, rafting and kayaking available. The Franklin area is the Gem Capitol of the World, so if you try your hand at mining you are bound to find many beautiful and sometimes very valuable stones.
This site serves residents, visitors and guests of Franklin, North Carolina. The information here will be updated on a regular basis with announcements and other events happening in and around Franklin. Town hall meeting agendas & minutes, town sign & zoning ordinances, the GIS and other useful information can also be found here.
- Notice is hereby given that the Town Board of Aldermen will have a special called meeting Monday, April 28, 2014 at 5:30 p.m. This meeting will be held in the Town Hall Boardroom, 95 East Main Street, Franklin, NC. The purpose of this meeting will be to consider appointment of interim Town Manager and other business as needed.
- New Main Street website is here.
- Notice is hereby given that the regularly scheduled meeting for the Franklin Tourism Development Authority (TDA) for Monday, May 12, 2014 at 5:30 p.m. will be held at the Town Hall Boardroom, 95 East Main Street, Franklin, NC. If you have any questions about the TDA, please contact Summer Woodard Assistant to the Town Manager.
- Click here for TDA information and minutes.
- Notice is hereby given that the regularly scheduled meeting for the Franklin Main Street Program will be Wednesday May 14th, 2014 at 5:30 p.m. in the Town Hall Board Room, 95 East Main Street, Franklin, NC, 28734.
- Vacancies on Town Planning Board and Board of Adjustment. Click here.
- Planning Board 2014 meeting schedule here.
- Board of Adjustement 2014 meeting schedule here.
- Public Notification of Industrial Users in significant violation of pretreatment standards here
- The next regularly scheduled Town of Franklin Board of Adjustment meeting will be Monday April 14, 2014 at 4:00 p.m. in the Town Hall Board room.
- For the artist's concept drawings of the Gazebo renovations click here and here and here. For more information contact email@example.com.
- Notice is hereby given that the regularly scheduled meeting for the Town of Franklin Planning Board will be Monday, May 19, 2014 at 4:00 p.m. in the Town Hall Board Room, 95 East Main Street, Franklin, NC, 28734.
- Franklin Growth Zone Analysis and Policy Recommendation report - Click here - Map
- Main Street Program Master Plan - Click here (WARNING - This file is a 95MB pdf file)
- "Old Town Hall" is for sale! Click here for more info.
- This month's Employee Newsletter
- Town Manager's Budget Message and Proposed Budget for Fiscal Year 2013-2014
- Vacancies on TDA board. Click here.
- Town of Franklin Collection System Annual Report FY 2012-2013
- Town of Franklin Wastewater Treatment System Annual Report FY 2012-2013
For the mobile version of our website go to mobile.franklinnc.com on your smartphone.