| Franklin is a small mountain town surrounded by beautiful streams, waterfalls, mountains, hills and valleys. The people are friendly and organize lots of activities, including festivals and arts and crafts shows. There are plenty of trails for hiking and the views are breathtaking. There is also plenty of fishing, hunting, rafting and kayaking available. The Franklin area is the Gem Capitol of the World, so if you try your hand at mining you are bound to find many beautiful and sometimes very valuable stones.
This site serves residents, visitors and guests of Franklin, North Carolina. The information here will be updated on a regular basis with announcements and other events happening in and around Franklin. Town hall meeting agendas & minutes, town sign & zoning ordinances, the GIS and other useful information can also be found here.
- Here is a link to a website for the Bike and Pedestrian Plan that is in the process of being developed. Bike/Walk Franklin
- Town Manager adopted budget and budget message for FY 2015-2016 is here.
- Town of Franklin Audit for 13/14 budget year Click here for report.
- AMENDED PUBLIC NOTICE: The Town of Franklin is seeking sealed
bids for the property located at 381
East Main Street in the Town of Franklin. Prior versions of this notice inadvertently contained an incorrect
address for the property. Due to this
error, the deadline for submitting sealed bids is extended. The Town apologizes for any inconvenience.
of Franklin is soliciting sealed bids for a commercial building and associated
property. Located at 381 East Main Street in the Town of
Franklin, the property features just under 1,700 of interior space finished
for commercial use, bathroom and kitchen, and parking. The lot consists of .11 acres zoned C-2
Secondary Commercial with 50 feet of frontage on Main Street and Mill Street
and a driveway connecting both streets. Currently occupied by an at-will tenant.
starting asking price for the property is $125,000.00. Interested parties may visit the property by
contacting Summer Woodard, Town Manager, at (828) 524-2516. Bidders may submit a sealed bid to Ms. Woodard
by 5 p.m. on Monday, June 1, 2015. Bids will be unsealed at that time, and the
highest bidder will be required to deposit with the Town an amount equal to or
greater than 5% of the bid, which upon acceptance by the Board of Aldermen
shall be earnest money and shall be credited toward the final purchase
price. The Board of Aldermen reserves
the right to negotiate with bidders, and to reject all bids at any time.
- Town Manager's proposed budget and budget message for FY 2014-2015 is here.
- New Main Street website is here.
- Click here for TDA information and minutes.
- Town of Franklin Board of Aldermen 2015 Meeting Schedule here.
- Planning Board 2015 meeting schedule here.
- Board of Adjustment 2015 meeting schedule here.
- Public Notification of Industrial Users in significant violation of pretreatment standards here
- Main Street Program Master Plan - Click here (WARNING - This file is a 95MB pdf file)
- Employee Newsletter
- Vacancies on TDA board. Click here.
- Town of Franklin Collection System Annual Report FY 2012-2013
- Town of Franklin Wastewater Treatment System Annual Report FY 2012-2013
| Quick Links
| For the mobile version of our website go to mobile.franklinnc.com on your smartphone.