Title vi Nondiscrimination Policy StatementTown of Franklin, NC
Title Vl Nondiscrimination Policy Statement
It is the policy of the Town of Franklin to ensure that no person shall, on the ground of race, color, national origin, limited English Proficiency, income level, sex, age, or disability, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination under any Town of Franklin program or activity, including, where applicable, religion, as provided by Title Vl of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, United states Department of Transportation (DoT) order 1050.2A, Title 49 Code of Federal Regulations (cFR) Part 21, the Civil Rights Restoration Act of 1987, and other pertinent nondiscrimination authorities.
The following practices are hereby prohibited throughout the Town of Franklin to comply, at a minimum, with Title Vl and related requirements:
- Denying to an individual any standard service or other program benefit without good cause;
- Providing any service or other benefit to a person which is distinct in quantity or quality, or is provided in a different manner, from that provided to others under the program;
- Subjecting a person to segregation or separate treatment in any part of a program;
- Restrictions in the enjoyment of any advantages, privileges, or other benefits enjoyed by others;
- Methods of Administration, which, directly or through contractual relationships, would defeat or substantially impair the accomplishment of effective nondiscrimination;
- Different standards, criteria, or other requirements for admission, enrollment, or participation in planning, advisory, contractual or other integral activities;
- Acts of intimidation or retaliation, including threatening, coercing, or discriminating against any individual for the purpose of interfering with any right or privilege secured by any pertinent nondiscrimination law, or because he/she has made a complaint, testified, assisted, or
participated in any manner in an investigation, proceeding or hearing;
- Discrimination in any employment resulting from a program, a primary objective of which is to provide employment.
To assure that appropriate program measures are implemented and monitored, I have designated Nicole Bradley, Human Resource Director, as the Town of Franklin's Title VI coordinator; (828) 524-2516, firstname.lastname@example.org. The Town Council is committed to the Town's Title VI Nondiscrimination Program.
Robert S. Scott, Mayor
Date: August 03,2020
Attest: Nicole Bradley, Town Clerk
» DOWNLOAD NONDISCRIMINATION POLICY STATEMENT (PDF Format)
How to File a Complaint
Any person who believes that he/she has been subjected to discrimination based upon race, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, income-level, or limited English proficiency may file a written complaint with the Town of Franklin’s Title VI Coordinator within 180 days after the discrimination occurred.
Instructions on how to file a complaint as well as a Complaint Form are available below as a download in both a PDF and Microsoft Word formats.